Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Landslide Of FHA Foreclosures Are Creeping Upon Us


Last month I read a riveting article on The Wall Street Journal website. The article stipulated that mortgage default rates were declining for nearly most loan types with the lone phenomenon being FHA types of financing. Those default rates had actually amplified.

Why you may ask? Well, when the market crashed the government offered tax incentives for first time home buyers and countless potential new buyers engulfed the market. Many of those buyers were cash poor therefore most were forced to use Federal Housing Administration financing for the low down payment sales options. And, in most states, if a buyer used this financing there were programs for $100 down payments. Several states still offer this program while others have discontinued it. My mind started to rattle when I began to think about what actually has transpired over the past several years.

Here is my evaluation. During 2008-2010 the cash strapped buyers ran towards securing their piece of the american dream: home ownership. Many of those buyers didn’t consider the likelihood that they may not have a place of employment in three years. While most were poised and ready and could actually afford the 3.5% down what they didn’t account for was that the economic system was going to continue to descend. And, most first time buyers that took advantage of the first time home buyer tax options are now in the unemployment line. They are defaulting at an unprecedented rate.

Additionally I understand that the government is going to elevate the down payment for FHA types of loans. This is really going to bruise our industry. Federal Housing Administration financing was put in place to give a lift to first time home buyers when purchasing a house by offering low down payments. Elevating the minimum down payment for these types of loans will put the home out of reach for many home buyers. It is truly a catastrophe in the making. While one person’s catastrophe is another man’s opportunity this will open many new sales options for real estate investors. Essentially, less competition in the market place will empower investors to rush in and pick up awesome deals on homes.

I’m really not sure how all of this is going to wash out in the foreseeable future but I can say that we are in uncharted territory. My best forecast is that troubling times are advancing. If the home buyers that purchased homes between 2008-2010 and used fha financing continue defaulting there is going to be a tidal wave of FHA foreclosures coming on the market. This will amplify the inventory of HUD owned homes coming on the market place. I’m guessing HUD will slowly cut loose these homes a little bit at a time as they will not be in any hurry to liquidate. IF they did rush it then it would crash the market. So, look for HUD sales to be the new gold standard in real estate of the future. No doubt about it!
Hi my name is Len Dietrich. Real estate is changing in to a social media MONSTER and getting started as a real estate agent or becoming a better one has never been more difficult. Find the the best HUD 9548 Contract Tutorial by visiting our site where we will provide a real estate one-stop-shop with reviews, how to outsource real estate tasks and recommendations for the tools you will need to improve your real estate marketing efforts.

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at  Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Mr, Benjamin Email: 247officedept@gmail.com  He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete