Monday, September 5, 2011

Why New Real Estate Agents Should Use Real Estate Marketing Letters

Answer me this; When you started in real estate did you have a mentor to show you the ropes?  Did the office you started at offer any type of training?  Well, if you are anything like I was my broker didn’t offer any type of training.  He basically threw the agents in his office to the wolves.  Years later I realize he couldn’t have been dumber.  It’s a wonder there were never any lawsuits that arose from some of the transactions that went through that office.  I am sure, with all the new agents that were there when I was there that there were a few that dropped the ball on some disclosures or blurred the line with ethics.  But, that is another topic.

The fact is, I passed my test with one of the highest grades in the class.  However, passing the RE exam didn’t prepare me to understand the everyday common language of a real estate agent.  In fact, it was a test and no real life examples.  I actually realize now that the test was a little outdated for the time. 

One thing is for sure; real estate is a competitive market and few will help you getting started.  No one in the office I started at would share a lead and, rarely, would anyone offer any insight to me unless I cut them in on the deal.  Which is fine but, there has to be some sort of jump start to give a new agent insight, right?  Yes, I know the Keller Williams of the world and Coldwell Bankers offer trainings but what if you were like me in a small office or somewhere in a small town in Utah?  What then?  Well, you would probably do as I did and buy some books.  I bought some Donald Trump, Dean Graziosi and Gary Keller books when I started and they were useful. however what these books didn’t tell me is the basic, every day terminology that is necessary to communicate with other agents, buyers and lenders. 

However, one resource that helped me when I started was that I bought some packaged marketing letter tutorials that gave me the types of letters that I would need to send to buyers, lenders and other agents.  Really, what I wanted to see was how people corresponded with one another and be able to see, in front of me, how the language/dialog was happening.  I bought several packages and all of them were under $75 dollars.  The way I look at online tutorials and packages like this is that if I can glean yet one idea from whatever it is that I bought then it was worth the money. 

Now I know every state is different and the rules and regulations differ from state to state but one thing remains consistent from state to state; the language that realtors speak to one another is the same and being able to see examples for all types of situations really is beneficial. 

There are packages online that offer a full library of pre-drafted letters that will suit any situation that you are in.  Check out our site.  We offer a lot of free advice and also in-depth reviews on many of the most popular marketing tools for real estate and mortgage marketing letters.


If you need help with anything related to real estate and you don’t know where to turn then check out our site at for real estate marketing letters and also mortgage marketing letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment